Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lime
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus a bit more for garnish
- 1 cup Vegan Mexican style shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and yellow squash. Mix them together in a large bowl with the corn, olive oil, cumin, paprika, oregano, chili pepper and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Put in the oven to roast for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Roast until vegetables are cooked through and just beginning to brown.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and return them to a large mixing bowl. Add the black beans, and the juice of the lime. When the quinoa is ready, add it to the bowl along with half of the vegan cheese and mix well.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, and hollow out the centers, removing the core and any seeds. Place the peppers on a baking sheet. Fill each pepper with the quinoa and vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining vegan cheese. Return to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining cilantro for garnish, and serve immediately.
Cucina Cultura http://cucinacultura.com/