Now that it’s spring once again, our local CSA is back in full force. We picked up our share last week, and were pleased to get a bunch of spring lemons and limes, as well as some very fragrant lavender and mint. The star of the share this week though was a jar of their local raw honey, which we’re both very excited about. Our allergies have both been acting up in the last couple weeks (ahhh spring!), so we’ll be eating a lot of this local honey to try and reorient our immune systems to the birds and the bees.
If you’ve seen our Ginger Lemon-Limeade recipe, you know about my affinity for all things citrus, so this recipe combining lavender lemon and lime into a virgin mojito shouldn’t surprise you. This is a perfect spring beverage for a lovely afternoon enjoying the sunshine and the spring smells. Of course, you can feel free to add rum to this recipe for the real thing. 😉
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sparkling water, unflavored
- 1/4 cup honey (preferably local and raw, to soothe your allergies!)
- 5 sprigs lavender
- 5 sprigs mint
- Extra mint leaves, for garnish
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 limes, juiced
- Mix the honey and water into a simple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the lavender and mint sprigs to the syrup and stir slowly until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Strain the lavender from the simple syrup, into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon and lime juice and sparkling water to the pitcher, and stir until combined.
- Add ice and extra mint leaves, and chill the pitcher in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Serve cold, and enjoy!